Nasal polyps treatment in Dubai
Nasal polyps are the non-cancerous growths on nasal passages and sinuses. These benign growths usually occur where sinuses meet the nasal cavity. Polyps are not painful and palpable with touch. Their appearance is like a white jelly. They are considered an inflammatory response of the nose. When large enough the cause nasal obstruction.Allergies and asthma may be associated with them. Chronic inflammation in the nose might tend for their recurrence.
There are many things that may cause nasal polyps:
Symptoms of Nasal Polyps
The most common symptoms showed by nasal polyps are listed as:
- Stuffy or blocked nose
- Runny nose or postnasal drip
- Sinus pressure
- Facial pain and sneezing
- Snoring at night
- Loss of smell and taste
- Itching around the eyes
- Infections and headache
Who is prone to having Nasal Polyps?
Adults are more prone to developing nasal polyps than children and older people. However, if you live in a dusty, polluted environment or have a nasal medical condition, you are more prone to having them. This chronic condition may be related to asthma, chronic bronchitis. There may be a family predisposition also.
Meet Dr. Peter once if you have regular nasal discharge, persistent nasal pressure, or a pain sensation in the nose.
Treatment of Nasal Polyps
- Nasal individual sensitivity
- Volume, dimension, and the extension of polyps in the nasal cavitiesº
- General health condition of the patient
- Tolerance to spray, medication, or a particular treatment module.
- Prescription of aspirin or blood clotting medications
The treatments include:
Medications are the easiest, oldest, and most traditional suggestion for nasal polyps treatments in Dubai. The use of steroids allows to shrink the size of polyps, reducing congestion, swelling, breathing trouble, allergy, and infection. The nasal spray may be used in permanent manner, however, surgical removal may be needed.
Surgery is indicated if the polyps cause significant obstruction in the nasal passage; it is related to chronic rhinosinusitis. Surgery in these cases is performed to open the nasal cavities and remove the polyps.
Dr. Peter is a very experienced endoscopic surgeon who will remove nasal polyps with the help of an endoscope and specialized instruments. He will also open the sinus cavities and drain the mucus that is present. The procedure is done safely and meticulously to improve the breathing passageway.
An endoscope is a small rigid tube with a lighted camera that allows viewing the nose and paranasal cavities with magnification. It is usually performed as an outpatient procedure, and you may go home the same day. But because it is surgical, expect some swelling and congestion in your nose for a few days. Your doctor will prescribe nasal corticosteroid spray for your nose at the end of the procedure and nasal wash many times a day to clear the nose.
Dr. Peter does not pack the nose after the procedures.
Prevention of Nasal Polyps
You can adopt the following methods to prevent nasal polyps:
- Avoid exposure to dusty and polluted environments
- Stop nasal sprays or any particular nasal medication which irritates the nasal lining
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands 5-6 times a day and avoid touching or pricking your nose with a finger.
- If your nasal drainage is very frequent, consult an ENT specialist for it. Also, blow and rinse your nasal passageway daily to keep it clean and clear.